A peel-off mask is a type of face mask that differs from others not only in the way it works, but also (and maybe most of all) in its removal. The mask with a fairly thick consistency, after application, slowly begins to solidify, sticking more and more to the skin. After the time specified by the manufacturer, it can be removed in one piece. By removing the mask, we also remove impurities, as well as excess sebum and dead epidermis cells.
The effects of using the peel-off mask are:
- deep cleansing
- dullness of the complexion
- removal of blackheads
- narrowing of pores
- improvement of skin tone
Depending on the type, the mask may also contain active substances with various effects, e.g. moisturizing, firming, anti-wrinkle, lifting or brightening.
The peel-off mask is a highly effective cosmetic that should be used carefully. It is best suited for oily, combination and acne-prone skin that require thorough cleansing. Most of this type of masks is not recommended for sensitive, couperose, allergic or dry skin.
>> Read: Five Little Known Ways To Wrinkle. Which one will you try?
How to safely use a peel-off mask?
- If you have dry or delicate skin, prone to allergies or so-called “spider veins”, it’s best to give up peel-off masks altogether or look for specialized products suitable for this type of complexion.
- Do not use the mask more than 1-2 times a month. Too frequent use can irritate the skin and disrupt its natural pH. For the skin to function well, its protective layer must have time to rebuild.
- If you have combination skin (dry cheeks and oily forehead, nose and chin), use the mask only on the problematic T-zone.
There are many types of peel-off masks on the market that are designed for different skin types. Which one to choose? Here are our suggestions.
>> Read: Non-greasy creams with a makeup filter. No stickiness or shine
- A set of matting algae masks with volcanic dust
Volcanic dust cleans the skin and helps to remove toxins from it. It tightens pores and soothes irritations. Algae ensure proper hydration. The mask regulates the secretion of sebum and makes the skin lose its unsightly shine. The set includes all the ingredients and accessories necessary to prepare two masks, as well as a matting cream for oily and combination skin.
- A set of rejuvenating algae masks with antioxidants
The same series also includes a mask with antioxidant and anti-wrinkle properties. The active ingredients contained in it (heal berries, quinoa seeds, honey, antioxidants) slow down the aging process, firm and tone up the skin. They also strengthen the skin’s protective barrier.
- Moisturizing mask with moonstone and hyaluronic acid
This mask contains moonstone dust, hyaluronic acid and fruit extracts (blueberries and grapes). Thanks to this, it moisturizes the skin, cleans it and nourishes it, and at the same time smoothes and adds radiance to it. It’s vegan.
- Cleansing mask with active carbon and bentonite clay
The black carbon mask is perhaps the most popular type of peel-off mask. Active charcoal is known for its cleansing properties. It allows you to get rid of blackheads and deeply embedded impurities. Bentonite clay works in a similar way and supplies the skin with minerals. The mask absorbs toxins and reduces pores. Leaves the skin refreshed and matte.
These cosmetics will also interest you:
Creation date: April 19, 2022, 4:05 pm